Writing.Barricades.Away.Dot.Com

Since the beginning of this year, I’ve been unable to update my blog. This sad incident could be chalked up to what the experts call the Writer’s Block. For me it’s been more of a barricade than a block! Perhaps it was because I realized that I was maturing as a writer (ahem!) and as such every word that was bold enough to spew itself forth from my imaginative brain had to be perfect. Well, I’m happy to have you know that notion was absolutely false!

As a self-proclaimed writer, I guess it was painful for me to accept the fact that I can and immensely so, do write crap! My inner critic battered me black and blue with all the “do nots” of the writing world. And for a moment in time (make that several moments in time), my brain refused to think (in terms of writing, that is).
Sometimes as I drove through town I would see something, and unconsciously, my mind would string a line or two together, but when I sat down behind my computer, faced the new blank page I created in Word, the crap alert siren sounded loudly in my head and that ended it. The ‘vim’ was gone!

I even decided it was because I hadn’t actually put real pen to paper in a while. So I started to write in good old ink on paper. That didn’t help in any way. I was beginning to think that maybe I wasn’t that good a writer as I presumed. And my super powers has a writer had been obliterated by some invisible ray from outer space. Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about.

But now, after careful research … i.e. sitting behind my laptop, lost in my musings, I decided to simply write crap! Not only that, I decided to share some of my quarter-baked stories with you so you all can tell me how crappy they are. I promise not to be offended. Be at liberty to lash out at me any way you can. It might just all the inspiration I need. So go on, give it your best shot. In fact, I’ve decided to dedicate this entire blog to crappy writings. Oh by the way, if you have any poppycock writings that you are afraid will see the light of day, forward them to me. Right here on this blog, they are very welcome.










There you have it. I don’t know why I’m doing this. One day I might regret this…or maybe not. Either which way I would be glad that I finally made a move to move this barricade out of my way. Comments, comments, comments please!

2 comments:

Nana July 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

YES!!! You're writing again! I'm so excited that I had to let you know so I'm now gonna read the post *blush*

rebel ryter July 10, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

I'm glad that you are glad. YAY!!!

Post a Comment

About this blog



rebelryterwrites is about nothing and everything.

The rebelryter writes because the rebelryter thinks.
The rebelryter writes because the rebelryter sees.
The rebelryter writes because the rebelryter thinks the rebelryter sees and therefore the rebelryter writes.

So welcome to the wonderful world of the rebelryter as I write out my brains ... through the heart of my pen ...